Memorial Day is the obvious start to summer in Cleveland. Here are some ideas how you can celebrate the holiday with your family, friends and loved ones.
- Ride all of the roller coasters at Cedar Point and, if the weather agrees, take in some serious water park action.
- Plan a picnic that consists of all your favorite foods, fun outdoor games and a killer playlist for background music. Here are some of the top destinations around the city to enjoy.
- Eat, dance and fish during the Main Street Port Clinton Walleye Festival.
- Have an absolute blast and take in the gorgeous scenery during the Blossom Time Festival in Chagrin Falls.
- Indulge in amazing food during the 47th annual Tremont Greek Fest.
- Celebrate America by way of music during An American Salute.
- Check out the lions and tigers and bears at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.
- Put on your baseball gear and take in a Tribe game (or two!).
And if you’re looking for some fun things to do after Memorial Day Weekend, here are some honorable mentions:
Teachers’ Night Out
June 1 at Big Bang Dueling Piano Bar
It’s time to celebrate Cleveland’s teachers! Join us for a special happy hour Thursday, June 1st 4:30pm-7:30pm at Big Bang Dueling Piano Bar on the East Bank of the Flats for a FREE event full of fun & resources for all teachers or anyone in the education field.
June 10-11 at Laurel School’s Butler Campus
Thirty diverse musical acts, led by five headline artists, will kick-off Summer 2017 in Cleveland.
APL Pledge for Pets
All summer long
Whether you’re attending a Yappy Hour or out for ice cream at Menchie’s there are many ways you can help the Cleveland APL.