Joan Rivers Responds To Backlash About Cleveland Joke
This was the joke that got everyone heated.
“Those women in the basement in Cleveland had more room.”
Rivers was talking on The Today Show about her WEtv series “Joan and Melissa: Joan Knows Best?” They discussed their living arrangements.
Attorneys of Gina DeJesus and Amanda Berry, who escaped last year from the home where Castro tortured them and a third woman, have sought an apology from the comedianne.
Joan Rivers has responded with this statement:
“I’m a comedienne, I know what those girls went through. It was a little, stupid joke. There is nothing to apologize for. I made a joke. That’s what I do. Calm down. Calm f—— down. I’m a comedienne. They’re free, so let’s move on.’’
Read More From The Q104 Staff:
- Last Song Standing- November 26, 2014
- The Guiltiest Thing We Want On Thanksgiving Is…
- LeBron Reacts To Cleveland Protests
- The Week That Was: Women Choose What Over Sex? Annoying Habits & More!
- Audio: Jason “The Food Guy” Top Five Turkey Day Restaurants
- Fee’s Sleaze: GQ Magazine’s Least Influential People Of 2014!
- Which Will Be The LAST SONG STANDING?
- Social Media-Wide Turkey Recall Is A Hoax
- Q104 Makes National News With A Justin Bieber Mask
- VIDEO: Charli XCX, Gavin DeGraw, Train, Colbie Caillat, Ella Henderson And More Shake The Q104 Magic 8 Ball Backstage At The AMAs