Joan Rivers Responds To Backlash About Cleveland Joke
This was the joke that got everyone heated.
“Those women in the basement in Cleveland had more room.”
Rivers was talking on The Today Show about her WEtv series “Joan and Melissa: Joan Knows Best?” They discussed their living arrangements.
Attorneys of Gina DeJesus and Amanda Berry, who escaped last year from the home where Castro tortured them and a third woman, have sought an apology from the comedianne.
Joan Rivers has responded with this statement:
“I’m a comedienne, I know what those girls went through. It was a little, stupid joke. There is nothing to apologize for. I made a joke. That’s what I do. Calm down. Calm f—— down. I’m a comedienne. They’re free, so let’s move on.’’
Read More From The Q104 Staff:
- Justin Bieber’s New Single “What Do You Mean” Dropped This Morning: LISTEN!
- Oxford Adds New Words, Like ‘Hangry’ & ‘Awesomesauce’ To The Dictionary
- Subway Franchisee Says Subway Knew About Jared For Years
- Question Of The Day: August 27, 2015
- The Jeff Show Surprises Listener Kira With Front Row One Direction Tickets!
- LAST SONG STANDING: Hailee Steinfeld vs. Alessia Cara
- Jason The Food Guy’s Top 5 Breakfast For Dinner Spots!
- WATCH! The Jeff Show’s A Cappella Version Of “Steal My Girl”
- Josh Duggar Enters Faith-Based Rehab
- Hillary Clinton Will Speak At CWRU Today