Joan Rivers Responds To Backlash About Cleveland Joke
This was the joke that got everyone heated.
“Those women in the basement in Cleveland had more room.”
Rivers was talking on The Today Show about her WEtv series “Joan and Melissa: Joan Knows Best?” They discussed their living arrangements.
Attorneys of Gina DeJesus and Amanda Berry, who escaped last year from the home where Castro tortured them and a third woman, have sought an apology from the comedianne.
Joan Rivers has responded with this statement:
“I’m a comedienne, I know what those girls went through. It was a little, stupid joke. There is nothing to apologize for. I made a joke. That’s what I do. Calm down. Calm f—— down. I’m a comedienne. They’re free, so let’s move on.’’
Read More From The Q104 Staff:
- BACK TO SCHOOL: Studying Hacks
- Which Will Be The LAST SONG STANDING?
- Photos: ALS IceBucket Challenge!
- Fee TV: Watch Fee’s Kompany Take The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With The Help Of A Front Loader
- Ohio Men Who Love Beer Could Star In A New Commercial!
- Question Of The Day: August 19, 2014
- Ice Bucket Challenge Fails!
- Justin Timberlake’s Controversial Tweet
- VIDEO: Aly, Ear Wax, And Fire
- Audio: What’s Your Weird Secret? Here Are Some Of Ours!