Joan Rivers Responds To Backlash About Cleveland Joke
This was the joke that got everyone heated.
“Those women in the basement in Cleveland had more room.”
Rivers was talking on The Today Show about her WEtv series “Joan and Melissa: Joan Knows Best?” They discussed their living arrangements.
Attorneys of Gina DeJesus and Amanda Berry, who escaped last year from the home where Castro tortured them and a third woman, have sought an apology from the comedianne.
Joan Rivers has responded with this statement:
“I’m a comedienne, I know what those girls went through. It was a little, stupid joke. There is nothing to apologize for. I made a joke. That’s what I do. Calm down. Calm f—— down. I’m a comedienne. They’re free, so let’s move on.’’
Read More From The Q104 Staff:
- Photos: Cleveland Labor Day Oktoberfest!
- Photos: Festive Friday, August 29, 2014!
- LSS- August 29, 2014
- Question Of The Day: August 29, 2014
- Audio: What Your Instagram “Likes” Say About You!
- Audio: Listeners Share What They Call Their “Girls!”
- Fee’s Sleaze: A Kardashian Is Changing Her Name!
- Slider Responded To My Ice Bucket Challenge…
- Did You Know You Can Bring Your Dog Here?
- The Week That Was: Names For “The Girls,” Shuttlecock, Plus Walmart Vs. Target!