This has been a G.O.O.D. Music week for Kanye West. In the span of 48 hours he dropped the bombshell “TheraFlu,” in which the rapper roused PETA and revealed that he was love sick for Kim Kardashian, and he released “Mercy,” the next single from his upcoming G.O.O.D. Music compilation.
On Wednesday (April 4) G.O.O.D. Music artist Pusha T announced via Twitter that “Mercy” was due to drop on Good Friday.
RT @PUSHA_TApril 6th is GOOD Friday… “MERCY” drops..
— PUSHA T (@PUSHA_T) April 4, 2012
That same night, Kanye’s “TheraFlu” hit the airwaves and caused a storm of controversy. On “TheraFlu” West confesses his past love for reality star Kim Kardashian, disses her ex, Kris Humphries, and raised the hackles of animal rights organization PETA.
While Pusha promised the song would hit on Friday, “Mercy” rocked radio last night (April 4), showcasing verses from Big Sean, Pusha T and 2 Chainz, who predicted that the song would show no mercy to competition.
“Tomorrow is Good Friday and me and the crew gonna be dropping the first single off that compilation,” he told SOHH last night. “It’s jamming and it should drive the internet crazy tomorrow. That’s a good thing to add to the resume, definitely.”
“Mercy” is the first single from the anticipated G.O.O.D. Music compilation.
E. Parker, CBS Local
More on Q104.com
- Katy Perry Drops New Track ‘Bon Appétit’ Featuring Migos
- United Says ‘Sorry’ By Offering Up To $10,000 To Surrender Seats
- Kim Kardashian Cries About Paris Robbery On Ellen
- CONCERT: Fall Out Boy
- CONCERT: Sabrina Carpenter
- Amber Rose on Losing Her Virginity: ‘It Was a Very Special Moment’
- Chipotle Will Debut Dessert Next Month
- Chris Pratt Pranks Are The Best Pranks
- YouTube Is Launching A Covers Competition
- Aly’s Fiance Aubrey Will Be On Cleveland 19 News Tonight – Tune In!