Kanye West Drops “Mercy”
This has been a G.O.O.D. Music week for Kanye West. In the span of 48 hours he dropped the bombshell “TheraFlu,” in which the rapper roused PETA and revealed that he was love sick for Kim Kardashian, and he released “Mercy,” the next single from his upcoming G.O.O.D. Music compilation.
On Wednesday (April 4) G.O.O.D. Music artist Pusha T announced via Twitter that “Mercy” was due to drop on Good Friday.
RT @PUSHA_TApril 6th is GOOD Friday… “MERCY” drops..
— PUSHA T (@PUSHA_T) April 4, 2012
That same night, Kanye’s “TheraFlu” hit the airwaves and caused a storm of controversy. On “TheraFlu” West confesses his past love for reality star Kim Kardashian, disses her ex, Kris Humphries, and raised the hackles of animal rights organization PETA.
While Pusha promised the song would hit on Friday, “Mercy” rocked radio last night (April 4), showcasing verses from Big Sean, Pusha T and 2 Chainz, who predicted that the song would show no mercy to competition.
“Tomorrow is Good Friday and me and the crew gonna be dropping the first single off that compilation,” he told SOHH last night. “It’s jamming and it should drive the internet crazy tomorrow. That’s a good thing to add to the resume, definitely.”
“Mercy” is the first single from the anticipated G.O.O.D. Music compilation.
E. Parker, CBS Local
More on Q104.com
- Last Song Standing- ZZ Ward V. for King & Country- May 22, 2015
- Win Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Cleveland Tickets
- Airplane Dumped Human Feces On Girls Sweet 16 Party
- Sonic Sessions: Elle King Live At The Rock Hall
- Lady Gaga Is a Blonde Again: See Her New Look
- Question Of The Day: May 22, 2015
- Bill Murray Will Wish You a ‘Very Murray Christmas’ This December
- “Regina George”‘s Mansion Is For Sale!
- A Cavs Win In The NBA Finals Could Trigger A Baby Boom In 9 Months
- Adam Lambert Teases Two More Songs Off New Album ‘The Original High': Listen